Farm Holidays in Devon
Farm holidays in Devon will put you right in the heart of this diverse county’s dramatically beautiful countryside, guaranteeing you a taste of rural life at its best. You couldn’t hope for more from a holiday destination, with two very different coastlines, plenty of nature spots to discover and a chance to take part in all sorts of outdoor activities.
Stretching from the Bristol channel in the north to the English channel in the south, Devon is the UK’s second largest county, covering just over 2,500 square miles, much of which is made up of glorious countryside that makes farm holidays in Devon so popular.
Its landscapes are mostly rural hill country, which include Dartmoor (the largest open space in southern England), and Exmoor, as well as the fertile valleys and lowlands of the south and east, which are drained by a network of rivers, including the Exe, Culm and Otter.
Agriculture has been an important part of Devon’s history since the 19th century, and today’s farms continue to produce everything from crops to cattle, as well as offering visitors the chance to experience rural life and get involved with feeding the animals, collecting eggs and going on a tractor ride – all of which are ideal for young children.
Farm holidays in Devon are a peaceful and tranquil experience, with opportunities for walking, star gazing or just sitting and enjoying the stunning views of the Devonshire countryside. And if you fancy getting a bit more adventurous, why not give horse-riding a go, try a spot of fishing or challenge your fellow holiday makers to a game of tennis?
Off site, you’ll find even more to do, with a host of attractions nearby. Devon’s Atlantic north coast is a hot spot for sea-view restaurants, for example, while the south coast boasts the ‘English Riviera’, made up of traditional towns like Torquay, Paignton and Brixham. Don’t miss the chance to go sailing in the beautiful five mile inlet at Salcombe, and if you’ve got kids you should definitely try and stop in to Quince Honey Farm.
Cartwheel is proud to offer a number of attractive farm holidays in Devon, with plenty of options to choose from. We’ve got everything from secluded cottages to luxury barn conversions, with self-catering and bed and breakfast options to suit everyone. Whatever you’re looking for, a farm stay in Devon can make your holiday dreams come true.
Places to stay...
- Ashridge Farm Holidays Devon Welcome to Ashridge Farm Holidays bed and breakfast on our 200 acre working organic farm set high on a hill...
- Drewstone Farm Holidays Devon A friendly welcome awaits you at Drewstone Farm Holidays on our traditional family farm in an idyllic country setting in the...
- Lower Hearson Farm Devon Tucked away in the heart of the North Devon countryside in a secluded valley full of wildlife, Lower Hearson Farm...
- Woodlands Family Theme Park, Devon Woodlands Family Theme Park in Devon provides a whole day of variety for all ages. The largest Family Theme Park... More Info
- What’s on in the West Country this week (10-16 September 2016) Get out and about with our essential guide to what's on in the West Country this week (from Saturday 10... More Info
- What’s on in Devon, June 2016 “What’s on in Devon?” isn’t a simple question to answer at the best of times, especially as the summer season... More Info
- What’s on in Devon, August 2016 We’ve got a great round-up of what’s on in Devon in August, with plenty of days out to make your... More Info
- Five delicious food festivals in Devon From lobster and crab to real ale and cider, these food festivals in Devon are a showcase of the gourmet... More Info
- Quince Honey Farm, South Molton, Devon One thing you can be sure of at Quince Honey Farm in South Molton, Devon, is a warm welcome. I... More Info
- Powderham Castle, Devon Lying within a lovely deer park in sight of the banks of the River Exe, Powderham Castle is situated approximately... More Info
- Open Farm Sunday at Rowdefield Farm I first learned about Open Farm Sunday from Martin Howlett at Deer Park Farm in Cornwall. Every June, farmers across... More Info
Warning: Parameter 2 to cf_taxonomy_post_type_binding::handle_taxonomy_archive() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/cartwhe7/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286