Last Minute Holidays
Last minute holidays in the West Country are fantastic if you suddenly feel the need to take a spontaneous break, or some sunshine has you yearning for a trip to the seaside.
Getting away from the hustle and bustle of city life couldn’t be easier in South West England, with its miles of beautiful beaches, stunning and diverse landscapes, quintessentially English country villages and plenty of historic places to explore.
Pack your bags, hop down the motorway and you’ll soon be glad you booked your last minute holidays with Cartwheel. We have a great selection of accommodation to choose from, including grand manor houses, country cottages, glamping in tipis and proper farmhouse bed and breakfasts.
Head to Dorset for refreshing walks and fossil hunting along its ancient Jurassic coastline, stately homes and castles like Kingston Lacy and Corfe Castle, and mysterious ancient landmarks such as the Cerne Abbas Giant.
Last minute holidays in Somerset are great for foodies; after all it is the home of cheddar cheese! Why not walk off your indulgence on Exmoor National Park or try a spot of star gazing there. For culture vultures, Bath and Wells offer incredible history and architecture, and for interesting days out, head to Wookey Hole Caves, West Somerset steam railway and the Fleet Air Arm Museum.
Devon is a glorious county if you fancy a change of scenery. From Exmoor and Dartmoor, to the English Riviera and Jurassic coast, there are wonderfully different landscapes to choose from. And of course, last minute holidays in Devon wouldn’t be complete without a famous cream tea with lashings of clotted cream.
And for miles of gorgeous beaches, coastal walks and rugged moorland, last minute holidays in Cornwall are the ideal way to relax after a hectic week at work. Try a Cornish pasty, locally made ice cream and delicious fish fresh of the boats at one of the many pretty fishing villages scattered along the coast.
Last minute holidays are easy to find at Cartwheel Holidays – just check out our current special offers and late availability below:
Last minute availability...
- Malston Mill Farm Devon Six unique 4 star/4 star Gold cottages at Malston Mill Farm set in 16 acres of one of Devon's most beautiful...
- Court Farm Holidays Cornwall Court Farm Holidays are family-friendly cottage holidays, just 2 miles inland from the sand and surf of the North Cornwall...
- Hendra Paul Cottages Cornwall Four beautiful, character barn conversions at Hendra Paul Cottages sleeping 2-8 people, all with open beams and vaulted ceilings, just...
- Notton Hill Barn Cottages Dorset Stay at Notton Hill Barn Cottages, our charming converted 18th Century barn cottages in a tranquil rural setting overlooking rolling...
- Lanhydrock, Cornwall The National Trust’s Lanhydrock in Cornwall is a beautiful Victorian family home nestled within 900 acres of gardens and wooded estate.... More Info
- Wookey Hole Caves, Somerset Wookey Hole Caves, near Wells in Somerset, are a great day out for all the family, no matter what the... More Info
- Woodlands Family Theme Park, Devon Woodlands Family Theme Park in Devon provides a whole day of variety for all ages. The largest Family Theme Park... More Info
- What’s on in the West Country this week (10-16 September 2016) Get out and about with our essential guide to what's on in the West Country this week (from Saturday 10... More Info
- What’s on in Somerset, June 2016 Find out what’s on in Somerset this June with our round up of everything from family-friendly festivals to night time... More Info
- What’s on in Somerset, August 2016 Find out what’s on in Somerset in August 2016 with our selection of great days out for adults and children,... More Info
- What’s on in Dorset, June 2016 Want to know what’s on in Dorset in June 2016? Read on for our pick of some of the county’s... More Info
- What’s on in Dorset, August 2016 August is a great month to visit Dorset, with loads of outdoor activities to take part in, as well as... More Info
- What’s on in Devon, June 2016 “What’s on in Devon?” isn’t a simple question to answer at the best of times, especially as the summer season... More Info