Last Minute Holidays in Cornwall
Last minute holidays in Cornwall are the ideal chance to escape the rat race, or take advantage of an unexpected patch of good weather. The climate in this southernmost county tends to be milder than elsewhere in the UK, and with 275 miles of beautiful beaches, there are times when you’d be forgiven for thinking you might be abroad.
Getting to Cornwall is easy. From London and the Southeast it’s a straightforward journey down the M4 and M5, or you can hop on a high speed train from London Paddington, with regular services throughout the day as well as the Night Riviera Sleeper Service, which runs all the way to Penzance. You can even fly to Newquay airport from all over the UK, including Manchester, Newcastle, Glasgow and Belfast.
There are plenty of reasons why people choose last minute holidays in Cornwall. Many come during the summer for one of the many festivals, for example. Discover the county’s agricultural heritage at the Royal Cornwall Show, indulge your literary side at the Port Eliot Festival or immerse yourself in the coastal celebrations of Newlyn Fish Festival, where you can enjoy live music, lugger racing, cooking demonstrations and a fish auction among other things.
During the off peak winter season, last minute holidays in Cornwall offer excellent value, as well as the chance to explore the county’s rich heritage and culture. Visit historic houses such as Prideaux Place, museums like the King Edward Mine Museum or one of Cornwall’s many art galleries, including the Tate St Ives. On a clear day, take a bracing walk and discover just how beautiful the Cornish countryside looks under a layer of crisp frost – and if the weather turns rough simply take refuge in a traditional country inn for a pint of local scrumpy and a chat by the fire.
Last minute holidays in Cornwall are easy to arrange – take a look at our regularly updated late availability and special offers below:
Last minute availability...
- Hendra Paul Cottages Cornwall Four beautiful, character barn conversions at Hendra Paul Cottages sleeping 2-8 people, all with open beams and vaulted ceilings, just...
- Court Farm Holidays Cornwall Court Farm Holidays are family-friendly cottage holidays, just 2 miles inland from the sand and surf of the North Cornwall...
- What’s on in the West Country this week (10-16 September 2016) Get out and about with our essential guide to what's on in the West Country this week (from Saturday 10... More Info
- What’s on in Cornwall, June 2016 What’s on in Cornwall? You’re better off asking what’s not on! From family-friendly festivals to community celebrations, boat races and... More Info
- What’s on in Cornwall, August 2016 Discover what’s on in Cornwall this August and get involved with lots of family friendly and fun events including summer... More Info
- Trebah Garden, Cornwall Trebah Garden is a really unexpected place, with both an amazing subtropical garden in a beautiful Cornish valley and an... More Info
- Shipwreck Centre, Charlestown, Cornwall My daughter loves the Charlestown Shipwreck Centre and asks to visit whenever we’re in Cornwall. Luckily, children under 10 go... More Info
- Open Farm Sunday at Rowdefield Farm I first learned about Open Farm Sunday from Martin Howlett at Deer Park Farm in Cornwall. Every June, farmers across... More Info
- Mousehole, Cornwall The small fishing village of Mousehole is a picture of Cornwall at its very best. With narrow streets full of... More Info
- Mevagissey, Cornwall If you’re heading to the south coast of Cornwall, be sure you take time to stop in and visit Mevagissey... More Info
Warning: Parameter 2 to cf_taxonomy_post_type_binding::handle_taxonomy_archive() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/cartwhe7/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286