Last Minute Holidays in Dorset
Not every getaway has to be planned well in advance so last minute holidays in Dorset are ideal if you suddenly feel the need to take a spontaneous break, or an unexpected patch of good weather has you yearning for a trip to the seaside. With miles of beaches and cliffs along its ancient Jurassic coastline – England’s first world heritage site and a great place for fossil hunting – there’s plenty to explore outdoors, not to mention historic buildings, family attractions and, of course, plenty of great places to shop, eat and drink.
Getting to Dorset couldn’t be easier by car. Trains also run regularly from major cities around the UK to key destinations like Bournemouth, Dorchester and Weymouth, and there’s even an airport at Bournemouth with regular low cost flights coming in from places like Manchester, Dublin and Jersey.
So why book last minute holidays in Dorset? It could be you decide at the 11th hour that you want to visit one of the many festivals that run through the summer. There’s such a variety to choose from, whether you fancy getting into the swing of things at the Swanage Jazz Festival, indulging your foodie side at the Pommery Dorset Seafood Festival – or the Great Dorset Chilli Festival if you’re feeling brave – or even taking a step back in time for the Great Dorset Steam Fair. And of course, don’t forget the famous Camp Bestival; ideal for families with small children.
The winter months offer plenty to do for those wanting last minute holidays in Dorset too. There are many historic buildings to visit, from stately homes like Kingston Lacy to ancient structures like Corfe Castle and even the Portland Bill Lighthouse on Chesil beach, which has been operating for more than 100 years. Or for something that little bit different try the Tank Museum with its collection of 300 vintage vehicles, or Monkey World rescue centre, home to the largest collection of chimpanzees outside of Africa.
Booking last minute holidays in Dorset via Cartwheel Holidays is easy, just take a look at our current late availability below:
Last minute availability...
- Notton Hill Barn Cottages Dorset Stay at Notton Hill Barn Cottages, our charming converted 18th Century barn cottages in a tranquil rural setting overlooking rolling...
- What’s on in the West Country this week (10-16 September 2016) Get out and about with our essential guide to what's on in the West Country this week (from Saturday 10... More Info
- What’s on in Dorset, June 2016 Want to know what’s on in Dorset in June 2016? Read on for our pick of some of the county’s... More Info
- What’s on in Dorset, August 2016 August is a great month to visit Dorset, with loads of outdoor activities to take part in, as well as... More Info
- West Bay, Dorset One of the most striking parts of the Dorset coastline is West Bay, known as the ‘Golden Gateway to the... More Info
- Open Farm Sunday at Rowdefield Farm I first learned about Open Farm Sunday from Martin Howlett at Deer Park Farm in Cornwall. Every June, farmers across... More Info
- The coolest ice cream makers in Dorset We've found the best ice cream makers in Dorset for you to try. Next time the sun's out, why not... More Info
- Hidden gems of Dorset Dorset is one of the most beautiful counties in the UK, with miles of sandy beaches and plenty of fun... More Info
- Fossil hunting in Charmouth, Dorset Fossil hunting in Charmouth is a super day out! Both educational and enjoyable, my five year old son had loads... More Info
Warning: Parameter 2 to cf_taxonomy_post_type_binding::handle_taxonomy_archive() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/cartwhe7/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286