Last Minute Holidays in Somerset
When the urge to get away from it all gets too strong to resist, last minute holidays in Somerset offer an easy escape and plenty to see and do, whether you stay for a short break or an extended family holiday. Foodies are particularly well catered for – this is the home of cheddar cheese, big names ciders and endless farmers’ markets after all – but there’s also breathtaking scenery, plenty of culture and attractions for all the family.
Just a short stint down the M4 from London and the South East, or along the M5 from further north, it’s easy to reach this small but diverse county. Train travel is also easy enough, or if you’re coming from further afield, why not fly into nearby Bristol airport? Even visitors coming all the way from Scotland can be here in not much more than an hour’s flight.
Last minute holidays in Somerset are a great chance to take advantage of a patch of unexpected good weather, especially if that coincides with one of the county’s summer festivals. For an experience you’ll never forget, nothing beats the world famous Glastonbury festival, but of you prefer something slightly smaller then try the family friendly Watchet Music Festival, or Farmfestival, which combines genre-defying music with inspiring arts activities and great local produce.
Through the winter months, last minute holidays in Somerset can offer particularly good value, and you won’t find yourself wondering what to do even if the weather turns cold and wet. There are many historic cities to explore, from Bath with its Jane Austen museum and famous Roman baths, to Wells with its cathedral and great selection of independent shops. And families will love the variety of child-friendly local attractions – take a simulated helicopter ride at Fleet Air Arm Museum, be amazed by the colourful species at the North Somerset Butterfly House, or take a trip on the West Somerset Railway line, the longest heritage railway in England.
Last minute holidays in Somerset are quick and easy to book at Cartwheel Holidays – just check out our current late availability below:
No late availability properties found...
- Wookey Hole Caves, Somerset Wookey Hole Caves, near Wells in Somerset, are a great day out for all the family, no matter what the... More Info
- What’s on in the West Country this week (10-16 September 2016) Get out and about with our essential guide to what's on in the West Country this week (from Saturday 10... More Info
- What’s on in Somerset, June 2016 Find out what’s on in Somerset this June with our round up of everything from family-friendly festivals to night time... More Info
- What’s on in Somerset, August 2016 Find out what’s on in Somerset in August 2016 with our selection of great days out for adults and children,... More Info
- A steam train trip on the West Somerset Railway My three-year-old son loves trains so taking him on for a ride on the West Somerset Railway, the longest heritage railway... More Info
- Wells, Somerset Wells is famous for its breath-taking cathedral and rightly so, but England’s smallest city and the surrounding area has a... More Info
- The Circus Cafe, Bath The Circus Cafe and Restaurant in Bath is a real hidden gem. In fact, it was voted number 4 in The Times... More Info
- Royal Bath and West Show I first heard about the Royal Bath and West Show a few years ago from my neighbour Judith, who helps... More Info
Warning: Parameter 2 to cf_taxonomy_post_type_binding::handle_taxonomy_archive() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/cartwhe7/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286