Holidays in Somerset
Holidays in Somerset offer something for everyone, whether it is for summer holidays, weekend breaks, longer getaways or last minute short breaks. Explore the staggering cliffs and caverns at Cheddar Gorge, fantastic scenery, red deer and ponies on Exmoor National Park or the castles at Dunster and Farleigh Hungerford.
With three Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, five hill ranges such as the Blackdown Hills and the Quantocks, the Levels and numerous nature reserves, there’s plenty of wonderful countryside to discover, and if you fancy a trip to the seaside, there are over 50 miles of coastline, including fossil hunting at Kilve Beach. Exmoor National Park is also a designated ‘International Dark Sky Reserve’, perfect for star-gazing.
Stroll around historical houses and gardens such as Montacute House, Tyntesfield, Hestercombe Gardens and Lytes Cary Manor. And for the true taste of Somerset, visit the many speciality food and drink producers – try some real Cheddar cheese and Somerset apple juice, cider or cider brandy. There are many pretty villages, and elegant towns and cities, such as Wells, with its stunning cathedral and Bishop’s Palace. And don’t miss a walk up the famous Glastonbury Tor.
Holidays in Somerset are perfect for enjoying the peace and quiet of the countryside, walking, cycling and discovering the diverse local wildlife. Pets can be catered for too, just look for accommodation that is dog friendly or where there is stabling available for your horse.
We have a great range of holidays in Somerset including a proper campsite and Scandinavian style lodges on a working Exmoor farm, historic medieval barn and stables, and cosy country cottages.
Places to stay...
- Westermill Farm Holidays Camping Somerset Beautiful, secluded Westermill Farm Holidays Camping fields for tents and dormobiles beside a sparkling, shallow river in the heart of...
- Westermill Farm Holidays Cottages Somerset Enjoy peace and tranquility at Westermill Farm Holidays Cottages; six cosy Scandinavian style cottages with woodburners nestled on lawns by trees,...
- Riscombe Farm Somerset Leone and Brian welcome you to Riscombe Farm self catering cottages in the heart of Exmoor National Park, close to...
- The Ancient Barn and Old Stables Somerset Two really special Grade II listed buildings, The Ancient Barn and Old Stables, are part of ancient settlement dating back...
- Wookey Hole Caves, Somerset Wookey Hole Caves, near Wells in Somerset, are a great day out for all the family, no matter what the... More Info
- What’s on in the West Country this week (10-16 September 2016) Get out and about with our essential guide to what's on in the West Country this week (from Saturday 10... More Info
- What’s on in Somerset, June 2016 Find out what’s on in Somerset this June with our round up of everything from family-friendly festivals to night time... More Info
- What’s on in Somerset, August 2016 Find out what’s on in Somerset in August 2016 with our selection of great days out for adults and children,... More Info
- A steam train trip on the West Somerset Railway My three-year-old son loves trains so taking him on for a ride on the West Somerset Railway, the longest heritage railway... More Info
- Wells, Somerset Wells is famous for its breath-taking cathedral and rightly so, but England’s smallest city and the surrounding area has a... More Info
- The Circus Cafe, Bath The Circus Cafe and Restaurant in Bath is a real hidden gem. In fact, it was voted number 4 in The Times... More Info
- Royal Bath and West Show I first heard about the Royal Bath and West Show a few years ago from my neighbour Judith, who helps... More Info
Warning: Parameter 2 to cf_taxonomy_post_type_binding::handle_taxonomy_archive() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/cartwhe7/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286