Short breaks in Somerset
Short breaks in Somerset are a great choice if you want to escape the daily grind, with Exmoor National Park, three Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty and dozens of different reserves, parks and protected areas all within the county borders. Perfect for when you really need to get away for a bit of rest and relaxation, Somerset is within easy reach thanks to the M5 or A303, which will have you in the heart of the countryside before you know it.
There’s plenty to do during short breaks in Somerset. Fill your lungs with country air on a long walk, horse or cycle ride, keeping an eye out for local wildlife such as Exmoor’s ponies, or head to the seaside for a paddle in the sea and a fish and chip supper – Somerset’s 50 miles of coastline includes the longest stretch of sandy beaches in Europe.
There are many attractions that will fit comfortably into short breaks in Somerset, so you won’t miss out on action and adventure if that’s what you’re after. Visit Cheddar Gorge or the Wookey Hole Caves, take a ride on the historic West Somerset Railway or spend a day in Bath, where you can visit the ancient Roman baths, enjoy a spot of shopping, tour the Jane Austen museum or take in a show at the Theatre Royal.
Cartwheel has several accommodation sites offering short breaks in Somerset, including farm cottages, secluded camping spots and even an ancient converted barn and stable, giving you a choice of both bed and breakfast and self-catering options. Whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway, a weekend of family fun, or simply a chance to see a bit more of the beautiful British countryside, you’ll find it here in Somerset.
Warning: array_merge(): Expected parameter 2 to be an array, null given in /home/cartwhe7/public_html/wp-content/themes/cartwheel/globals/allprops.php on line 131
No properties found...
- Wookey Hole Caves, Somerset Wookey Hole Caves, near Wells in Somerset, are a great day out for all the family, no matter what the... More Info
- What’s on in the West Country this week (10-16 September 2016) Get out and about with our essential guide to what's on in the West Country this week (from Saturday 10... More Info
- What’s on in Somerset, June 2016 Find out what’s on in Somerset this June with our round up of everything from family-friendly festivals to night time... More Info
- What’s on in Somerset, August 2016 Find out what’s on in Somerset in August 2016 with our selection of great days out for adults and children,... More Info
- A steam train trip on the West Somerset Railway My three-year-old son loves trains so taking him on for a ride on the West Somerset Railway, the longest heritage railway... More Info
- Wells, Somerset Wells is famous for its breath-taking cathedral and rightly so, but England’s smallest city and the surrounding area has a... More Info
- The Circus Cafe, Bath The Circus Cafe and Restaurant in Bath is a real hidden gem. In fact, it was voted number 4 in The Times... More Info
- Royal Bath and West Show I first heard about the Royal Bath and West Show a few years ago from my neighbour Judith, who helps... More Info
Warning: Parameter 2 to cf_taxonomy_post_type_binding::handle_taxonomy_archive() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/cartwhe7/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286