We have a wonderful range of fishing holidays in Devon, Cornwall, Somerset and Dorset. Whether you’re an experienced angler or want to try fishing for the first time, Cartwheel Holidays’ members offer you the chance to cast your rod in glorious rural settings. Take a look at our choice of coarse fishing and river fishing below.
Fishing holidays in Devon
Malston Mill Farm
Our one-acre lake is well stocked with specimen carp, tench and rudd (record 30lbs 4oz!). Fishing is free of charge, with a maximum of two rods per person. There is also a wide range of other fishing options available in the area including sea angling. Malston Mill Farm offers cosy country cottages full of olde world charm, together with truly incredible leisure facilities, near Kingsbridge and the South Devon coast.
Come and enjoy trout fishing on the river Harbourne -it may be narrow but they have been caught – even with fly. Better still there is a local fishery in Rattery for serious fishing. Knowle Farm offers really child friendly holidays in the South Hams. There are a range of well equipped self catering cottages, animals to meet and lots of play facilities to enjoy. Perfect for families!
Fishing holidays in Dorset
Rudge Farm Cottages
The lakes at our Dorset farm are well stocked with a variety of fish (rudd, roach, trout and carp) so you enjoy have a relaxing afternoon fishing (barbless hooks only). Rudge Farm Cottages offer comfortable cottages surrounded by woodlands and meadows and are close to vibrant Bridport and the Jurassic Coast.
Coarse fishing is available in our small lake. It is stocked with both trout and several species of carp and other coarse fish. We hold a selection of rods and tackle for hire. Luccombe Farm has lovely self catering cottages on our working farm near the pretty thatched village of Milton Abbas. We’ve got some great facilities including an indoor pool and riding school.
New House Farm
Come and try New House Farm’s one and a half acre coarse fishing lake; there are plenty of fish including carp (up to 28lb), roach and tench. Day tickets are £7 per person, half day £4 per person and evening tickets (summer only from 6pm) £3 per person. New House Farm is a comfortable bed and breakfast near Bridport, with family bedrooms and delicious home-cooked breakfast.
Puncknowle Manor Cottages
At Puncknowle Manor Cottages, chalk stream ‘Catch and release’ fishing for trout is available on the farm; a DEFRA licence is required. We also have a pond well stocked with carp on the grounds. We have a range of cottages minutes from the Jurassic Coast that sleep 6-19, perfect for family holidays and big groups holidaying together.
Fishing holidays in Cornwall
While staying at Lanwithan Estate, you can hire a dinghy and fishing rods, and fish from our private river bank on the Fowey River. Alternatively, stay at our cottages in the idyllic hamlet of Malpas, and you can bring your own boat (there is a public slip in the village or you can leave your boat on the shingle at the foot of our private quay) or you can hire a rowing dinghy from us by the week. This is an ideal spot for fishing.
Fishing holidays in Somerset
Westermill Farm Holidays
In the heart of Exmoor National Park, Westermill Farm offers riverside camping and self catering cottages in a valley on the river Exe. You are welcome to fish (not coarse fishing) in the 2 miles of the river on our working hill farm. Children also adore fishing with nets in the river! Our homegrown produce is available in our shop, and you can even bring your horse on holiday here.
You might like...
- Westermill Farm Holidays Cottages Somerset Enjoy peace and tranquility at Westermill Farm Holidays Cottages; six cosy Scandinavian style cottages with woodburners nestled on lawns by trees,...
- Westermill Farm Holidays Camping Somerset Beautiful, secluded Westermill Farm Holidays Camping fields for tents and dormobiles beside a sparkling, shallow river in the heart of...
- Rudge Farm Cottages Dorset Rudge Farm Cottages are peacefully situated in the beautiful Bride Valley and are just over 2 miles from Dorset’s World Heritage...
- Lanwithan Estate Cornwall Charming cottages and apartments set in Lanwithan Estate's parkland running down to the banks of the river Fowey, and waterside...
- Malston Mill Farm Devon Six unique 4 star/4 star Gold cottages at Malston Mill Farm set in 16 acres of one of Devon's most beautiful...
- Knowle Farm Devon Knowle Farm is a paradise for little children and animal lovers alike, set in beautiful South Hams countryside on the...
- Luccombe Farm Holidays Dorset Welcome to Luccombe Farm Holidays on our traditional family farm nestled in a beautiful hidden valley in the heart of...
- New House Farm Dorset New House Farm is a peaceful, family friendly bed and breakfast just 2 miles from the bustling market town of...
- Puncknowle Manor Cottages Dorset Spacious, four star Puncknowle Manor Cottages in the heart of West Dorset, just two minutes from the Jurassic Coast, perfect for...
- Wookey Hole Caves, Somerset Wookey Hole Caves, near Wells in Somerset, are a great day out for all the family, no matter what the... More Info
- Woodlands Family Theme Park, Devon Woodlands Family Theme Park in Devon provides a whole day of variety for all ages. The largest Family Theme Park... More Info
- What’s on in the West Country this week (10-16 September 2016) Get out and about with our essential guide to what's on in the West Country this week (from Saturday 10... More Info
- What’s on in Somerset, June 2016 Find out what’s on in Somerset this June with our round up of everything from family-friendly festivals to night time... More Info
- What’s on in Somerset, August 2016 Find out what’s on in Somerset in August 2016 with our selection of great days out for adults and children,... More Info
- What’s on in Dorset, June 2016 Want to know what’s on in Dorset in June 2016? Read on for our pick of some of the county’s... More Info
- What’s on in Dorset, August 2016 August is a great month to visit Dorset, with loads of outdoor activities to take part in, as well as... More Info
- What’s on in Devon, June 2016 “What’s on in Devon?” isn’t a simple question to answer at the best of times, especially as the summer season... More Info
Warning: Parameter 2 to cf_taxonomy_post_type_binding::handle_taxonomy_archive() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/cartwhe7/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286