Camping in Devon
Get back to nature and enjoy a couple of nights (or more!) camping in Devon. This stunning part of the West Country stretches from the Bristol channel in the north to the English channel in the south and forms the UK’s second largest county.
Its varied scenery includes rural hill country such as Dartmoor and Exmoor, as well as fertile valleys and lowlands in the south and east, where you can step back in time on the English Riviera, making camping in Devon a great choice for lovers of both nature and society.
Cartwheel’s luxurious Devon camping spot, Woodlands Grove Caravan and Camping Park, offers spacious pitches where you can set up camp in a tent, caravan or trailer. You can rest assured that you’ll have access to everything you need here, including family bathrooms, laundries and showers, a freezer for ice packs, gas exchange and battery charging service, and even a shop, games and TV room and wi-fi access – everything you might need while camping in Devon.
It’s perfect for families too, located close to the Woodlands Family Theme Park with its farm, zoo and falconry centre, play zones, indoor play centre and of course family rides. Campsite guests get a free pass on their day of checkout, so it’s a great option if you’re looking for a family-friendly holiday on a budget.
And, located just a stone’s throw from the south coast near Dartmouth, Woodland Grove also a great place from which to explore the South Hams. Take a trip to the nearby ancient harbour town of Dartmouth, explore the historic town of Totnes, or why not make a day of it and adventure across the rugged tors of Dartmoor? There’s certainly plenty to do while camping in Devon.
Woodlands Grove is not your traditional camp site – it’s got a special atmosphere of peace and tranquility that means you’ll leave feeling relaxed and rested, whether you’ve stayed for a long weekend or a week long summer holiday.
Places to stay...
- Woodlands Grove Caravan and Camping Park Devon Relax in Woodlands Grove Caravan and Camping Park as it nestles in the Devon countryside. This touring Park is set...
- Bovisand Lodge Holiday Park Devon Bovisand Lodge Holiday Park is a peaceful, four star holiday park, situated in a quiet, unspoilt wooded valley that leads...
- Woodlands Family Theme Park, Devon Woodlands Family Theme Park in Devon provides a whole day of variety for all ages. The largest Family Theme Park... More Info
- What’s on in the West Country this week (10-16 September 2016) Get out and about with our essential guide to what's on in the West Country this week (from Saturday 10... More Info
- What’s on in Devon, June 2016 “What’s on in Devon?” isn’t a simple question to answer at the best of times, especially as the summer season... More Info
- What’s on in Devon, August 2016 We’ve got a great round-up of what’s on in Devon in August, with plenty of days out to make your... More Info
- Five delicious food festivals in Devon From lobster and crab to real ale and cider, these food festivals in Devon are a showcase of the gourmet... More Info
- Quince Honey Farm, South Molton, Devon One thing you can be sure of at Quince Honey Farm in South Molton, Devon, is a warm welcome. I... More Info
- Powderham Castle, Devon Lying within a lovely deer park in sight of the banks of the River Exe, Powderham Castle is situated approximately... More Info
- Open Farm Sunday at Rowdefield Farm I first learned about Open Farm Sunday from Martin Howlett at Deer Park Farm in Cornwall. Every June, farmers across... More Info